Java.net STILL doesn’t have SubVersion! I mean really? Really? Just not worth it. But then again SourceForge’s crazy FTP crap to release files is just about the lamest thing ever and JavaForge forces you to log in to download files – I mean that could be the lamest idea of them all. The world needs this:
- A complete API for releasing files
- A complete API for updating project content
- A complete API for managing project stuff (mail lists, bugs, etc.)
- An AJAX project wiki, forums, bugs, lists, etc
- Google search for open source projects
- And of course no dumb ideas like login to download files or only offering CVS or FTP uploads.
Okay Google, go forth and code! Or hire someone to code it for you. Or buy some company that does it and make it awesome!