Found this funny. Looks like Lenovo has some issues in their pricing application today. I was planning on purchasing an X300 at some point, but with their new price tag of $11,000, I just don’t think I can afford it. Haha
I host a number of projects including JCatapult over at Google code. We use the wiki over there for our documentation because it is simple and centralized. The wiki is stored inside the SubVersion repository and when you update the wiki it performs a commit to the repository. Pretty straight-forward.
One of the project members, James Humphrey, was editing our wiki last night, finished editing a page and hit Save. Rather than just updating the wiki page in SubVersion, Google’s custom built SubVersion server decided it wanted to completely revert our entire project back to revision 1. Yeah, I’m totally serious!
Well, the old revisions appear to be in the repository, but in order to clean this clandestine (hehe) mess up I’ll have go in by hand and revert our entire repository. This consists of roughly 10 sub-projects and 5 tags for each project plus branches, etc, etc. Really nasty.
So, here is my warning to all those out there that might be using Google Code, be careful. I’m working with Google right now on trying to figure out what happened and how to fix it. I’ll update this post once we figure it out.
I opened a new Google Code project to manage the scripts I wrote that allow multiple instances of Tomcat to be run on Ubuntu. These scripts are now fully open source (more so than before I guess) and available to everyone. They are also more up-to-date than they were in my previous blog post about them.
Anyways, here’s the project link:
You can check them out from SubVersion or browse them online. Enjoy!