Something is very wrong with Newegg. They used to be one of the best places to buy computers and electronics online. Now they are horrible.
Here’s my list of issues with them:
- Lots of misleading product information.
- We recently bought a monitor that claimed it supported 2560×1440 resolution when in fact it didn’t. The DisplayPort upscaled a 1080p signal to 1440 and it looked horrible. I had to read through a ton of the reviews to figured out that someone else had the same issue and they had done a bunch of research to find out the monitor didn’t truly support 1440.
- They now charge large return shipping fees
- They are also charge restocking fees on everything
- Their support system is essentially worthless.
- While you can contact support via a web form, it only allows 300 characters in the message. How can you possibly describe an issue clearly in 300 characters? That’s like 2 tweets.